Hotel Unknown

Santa Lucia Park

The Church of Santa Lucia began its construction at the end of the 16th century, ending in 1960, it is characterized by its rectangular entrance framed in quarry, stained glass and belfry. The atrium of the Church of Santa Lucía functioned as a city cemetery until 1821.

In the 50's when Torre Gamboa painted a mural depicting the torture of Santa Lucia. In front of the church is the park of the same name, also called Parque de los Héroes.

During the Spanish domain, this space housed a brotherhood dedicated to assisting the sick.

Its history as a park has origins when in 1804, by official decree, a showy square was formed whose arches that characterize it were built in the 19th century. The floors of the square are made of English bricks and in the center of the park there is an obelisk dedicated to General Sebastián Molas.

The park is dedicated to honoring all Yucatecan trova musicians. Every Thursday, this poetic colonial corner is transformed into the scene of the traditional Yucatecan serenade.

There, famous trios of troubadours and the Orquesta Típica Yucalpetén interpret the melodies of immortal Yucatecan authors.

About us

Hotel Unknown

In addition to an outdoor pool, the hotel has a restaurant and a bar. Continental breakfast and free WiFi in common areas are also offered. It also has spa services, concierge service and dry cleaning service. Rooms offer free WiFi, a balcony or patio, and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Other amenities available to guests include coffee makers, free local calls, and free bottled water.